Saturday 1 March 2014

A Sudden Creation: Egg–squisite Vegetable Oysters

Umm...so it was about 8 am in the morning, and I needed to make something for me and my mom to eat for breakfast. I opened the fridge to find nothing I could use, except a loaf of bread, tomato ketchup and eggs. I was just thinking of making bread-omelettes, when I discovered a bowl of leftover cauliflower curry from last night. I totally hate wasting stuff, and so, I decided not to waste any of the leftover.
And voila!  There I was, with a brilliant idea swirling in my head.
I have shared the recipe below:


Egg-squisite vegetable oysters

Egg–squisite Vegetable Oysters:

Ingredients (makes two serves):

  • Bread – one loaf
  • Eggs – 3
  • Cauliflower curry (or any other vegetable, in that case) – about half a bowl
  • Tomato ketchup – 1 to 2 teaspoons
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Mustard/vegetable oil to fry

Procedure:

  • Add the tomato ketchup to the vegetable curry and mix well.  Ensure that the vegetable pieces are not more than 0.5 to 1 cm long.
  • Beat the eggs and add salt and pepper to taste
  • Moisten the bread slices and press them against one of your palms with the fingers of the other hand, giving it a shallow bowl like structure.
  • Place some vegetable curry on the slice and seal the edges by pressing them.
  • Dip this into the egg mix, and squeeze the excessive egg out (It's a bit messy, but won't harm much if you're real careful.
  • Deep fry till one side turns brown.  Then turn over and let the other side become brown.

Serve hot with tomato ketchup.

Try making this at home for a snack, and do post your feedback in the comments. I'll be waiting!

1 comment: